Frequently Asked Questions:
- When will you start on my project? We are typically able to start on your project within 3 business days of receiving the submitted proposal, completed credentialing information and payment.
- How long does it take? It typically takes approximately 130-160 days to fully credential a new provider. Some payers only take 45-60 days and others take much longer depending on the state and payer. If you have existing group agreements, the process will be much faster because we do not need to wait for the contract to be loaded.
- What if you do not get me in network with one of the payers? While this is not something we expect in most states, it is happening more frequently in states such as Florida and California or some of the major metros throughout the country. Your options are to appeal the decision or wait for the plan to reopen. You can replace the closed insurance plan with an alternative plan if you paid for a package. The cost for appeals varies by project and complexity. Check out our articles on Panel Closures Here
- Why I should use PPS? There are a number of options out there, but there is only one company like ours. When we started, we were the only company offering nationwide credentialing and start-up services. Since 2008, there have been a number of competitors that have started (some by employees we fired) but we’re still regarded as the best in the industry. If you’re looking for CHEAP, then we can refer you to a couple overseas options but just remember that you get what you pay for when it comes to credentialing services. We help thousands of providers every year take care of some of the most challenging credentialing situations out there.
- What are the terms of our agreement? Our agreements are for a period of 1 year or until we’ve completed everything indicated under the scope of services.
- What happens after the first year? After the initial enrollment project is complete, you would have the option to move over to a maintenance agreement which varies in price but is typically between $45-$60 per provider. This would cover all of your recredentialing needs including revalidations and CAQH attestations.